Emotional weddings are my favorite events to photograph. That shouldn’t be a surprise by now. Being witness to real, raw emotion is incredibly fulfilling for me. When a couple is able to forget we’re there, and truly experience the moments before them – to be fully present, there’s nothing that makes me happier when doing my job. Actually, my job is always easier that way too. In those moments, the photographs we’re able to capture are genuine. Those are the images I strive to create. Abby & Paul gave us so many opportunities to create those kind of photographs, I had a difficult time choosing which ones to show here.
A few things that come to mind:
- Both Abby & Paul were nervous before their First Look, but in this amazing way. The energy around them was filled with huge anticipation.
- Their First Look was one of my favorites that we’ve ever captured. From an onlookers perspective, they truly were the only two people around in their eyes. There was crying and laughing – all that nervous energy floated away and pure joy took it’s place. I will never force a couple to do a First Look, but man, those moments can be filled with so much emotion.
- Their wedding party was wonderful – incredibly friendly, helpful and funny too.
- The moment where Abby’s Dad saw her for the first time took me (and possibly Abby, too) by surprise. More tears of course.
- What a gorgeous place for a ceremony! The sculpture by Dewitt Godfrey is such a unique backdrop.
- Our couples often write incredibly heartfelt and beautiful vows to one another. Abby & Paul’s was no exception. Again, I definitely had tears behind my camera.
- Their’s was a wedding full of the in-between moments. I’m always poised and ready for them, but Abby & Paul’s day was filled with them. Again, I think this was because they were present and forgot we were there.
- One of my favorite moments was seeing them, while their guests were being seated, rehearse their first dance on the patio as the sun set behind them.
Abby & Paul – Thank you again for having us. We truly enjoyed celebrating with you alongside your wonderful family and friends. You two are quite the lucky pair. Congratulations, again!
Location: deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum | Dress: La Reine Bridal | Groom’s Suit: English Cut Savile Row | Hair & Make-up: Lyndsay Simon and Katie McDaniel from Kent Newton Salon | Invitations & Paper Goods: Smock | Florals: Chive | Caterer: Chive | Baker: Mayflour Confections | Bridesmaids Dresses: Various | Band: Swinging Johnsons